The Account Codes service allows you to log account codes of your choice against calls that you make by dialing the appropriate code when placing an outbound call. It is accessed through the left menu under the Services category.
Configuration for the Business Group
This configuration applies to all lines in the Business Group. See Configuration for each Business Group Line for the options to allow override of configuration by individual Business Group Lines.
You can configure which types of outbound calls (e.g. local, national or international) will require you to enter an account code, and you can also choose whether you require your account codes to be validated or not.
- If account codes are validated then you define a set of permitted account codes, and you must dial a code from this list whenever you place an outbound call (if it is a type you have specified you wish to log account codes for). If you dial an account code that does not match one of this list more than a configured number of times, then your account will be blocked, and will need to be unblocked before you can place any more calls that require account codes.
- If account codes are not validated then you do not preconfigure a set of permitted account codes. When you place an outbound call (of a type you have specified you wish to log account codes for) you may dial any code of your choice.
This service cannot be enabled or disabled at a global level. It is enabled or disabled per outbound call type by configuring which types of outbound calls you wish to log account codes for.
You must configure the following information in order to use this service.
- Call types requiring an account code. Select the checkboxes for the call types that you wish to log account codes for. If you select a call type, then whenever you place a call of this type you will be required to enter an account code. If you do not select a call type then you cannot log account codes when placing this type of call.
- Account code length.
- Use validated account codes. See description above.
If you are using validated account codes, then you must also configure some Assigned Account Codes. This is the list of account codes that you have preconfigured. When placing an outbound call that requires account codes, you must dial one of these codes. To edit this list, click the Edit List button to bring up the manage assigned account codes overlay.
Configuration for each Business Group Line
You can set the following options to allow an individual Business Group Line to override any of the Business Group Account Codes configuration.
- Call types may be overridden per line. Set this checkbox to allow Business Group Lines in this group to use a different set of call types from the Business Group.
- Account code length may be overridden per line. Set this checkbox to allow Business Group Lines in this group to use Account Codes with a different length to the Business Group. If a different length is configured than any validated account codes defined for the group do not apply to the line.
- Lines may view Business Group Account Codes. Set this checkbox to allow Business Group Lines in this group to view the list of validated Account Codes for the group.
- Business Group Lines can be configured so that:
- The Line can view, but not change their own account codes.
- The Line can view and change their own account codes.
- The Line cannot view or change their own account codes.